Saturday, October 6, 2012

Bonnie Riatt Performs in Ashevlle

October 9, 8 PM at the US Cellular Center ( Civic Auditorium) - With the release of her nineteenth album, Slipstream, Bonnie Raitt is touring again and Asheville is one of the fortunatehosts of her remarkable performances.

The album's title is very significant for Bonnie. Slipstream isn't just a beautiful sounding word, but an indication of her place in the music community. "I'm in the slipstream of all these styles of music," she says. "I'm so inspired and so proud to continue these traditions, whether it's reggae or soul or blues. I'm in the slipstream of those who came before me, and I'm leaving one for those behind me. I'm holding up the traditions of the music that I love." 

Purchase tickets online HERE.  The cellular Center is located at 87 Haywood Street in Asheville NC. 


No comments:

Post a Comment